AT0D allocation by WPC
I am grateful to WPC for this permission and allocation, though I applied for 'portable' permission
I could not obtain the permission last year. I am happy to get it this year.
I wanted to operate my radio from wilderness..that is where more fun is:
Operated from Guwahati with AT0D [ Alpha Tango Zero Delta ]
call-sign from March 21-24,2008 which was allotted to me by Ministry of
Communications on temporary basis and I made 40 contacts [total 39 stations]
mostly on Morse Code as the propagation condition was too poor.
20m [ 14 MHz ] and 15m [ 21 MHz ] was almost dead or my G5RV was too close to the ground.
The G5RV ! !
Made couple of long distance contact on 40m [ 7 MHz ]. The farthest that I
contacted within India on 40m short wave band [ 7 MHz ] was Amit, VU2ZZA [
in the night] from Chandigarh and VU2PAL [ in the morning on 7050 kHz]
17m [ 18 MHz ] was open with many Morse Code stations. I worked a few
Chinese station on Morse Code and many Japanese stations on Morse Code
including many Russian stations who are the nearest long distance stations
always found even when the bands are dead.
Indian Stations that I worked:
1. VU2PAL [during 7050 kHz 0730 morning net..too weak.. it might be the "Belguam NET"...Net-controller copied my call...but after that total QSB]
13. VU2ZZA Amit, Chandigrah [on 40m]
14. VU2RCH [Nagaon]
15. VU2PTF [Guwahati]
16. VU3BCH [Nagaon]
17. Anong, VU2ARJ, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh could copy me 55 on 3540 kHz but could not transmit on that band due to lack of antenna for that band. We were on skip on 40m. VU2GTG from Kolkata relayed my QSP to VU2ARJ on 40m.
Other DX stations
21. YC6BRS [Ucok,Sumatra]
22. HS0ZFL [Ralph,Phuket Island ]
Russia [ Erstwhile ]
24. UK8FF [Anvar,Andijan]
25. EX8MK [Vlad,Bishkek]
26. RA0UF [Vic,Chita]
27. UA9CK [Anatoly,North Ural]
28. UA9BX [Andy,Ural]
29. RX9LT [Alex,Tyumen]
30 UA9CU [Toly]
31. RW0LT [Vlad]
32. RW0CE [Bob]
33. RV9MM [Serge,Omsk]
34. UN8GF [Serge,Almaty ]
35. JL1MWT [Masa]
36. JA1CQK [Koje,Narita]
37. JA4FKX [Nan,Near Osaka]
38. JM1IGJ [Taka]
39. JE1GWO [Taka,Tokyo]